1. Just follow all steps to create an autorun.inf file inside your pendrive at “How to Change The Icon of Your USB Pendrive or Removable Disc“.
2. Now edit your autorun.inf file. Add the line label=*your_custom_name* after [autorun] line. For example, if you want to give custom name “TechGainer”, then the code should be like the following :
As I used my pure name “জাবের”(my mother language is Bengali) in my pendrive, my code was looked like :
3. After giving your custom name, don’t save the file directly clicking on Save. Go to File > Save As . Now choose Unicode as encoding. Then save.
4. Please remember to save the file as autorun.inf . Don’t save it as autorun.txt or autorun.inf.txt or autorun.txt.inf . Otherwise the whole procedure will go in vain. If you still have confusion to create the autorun.inf file from text document, please read carefully How to Change The Icon of Your USB Pendrive or Removable Disc” where I made a little but clear describe on creating autorun.inf file for pen drive to add extra functionality with your pen drive such as changing icon.
5. Now save the autorun.inf file in the root of your pendrive.
6. Plug out the pen drive from your computer. Then again plug in to the computer. Now see it’s really working!
7. If you also have changed the default icon of your pendrive, it will look like :
8. That’s it.